Re-post article by Maria Galler and Jenna Finn from marketwired.com
Lifesize, a global provider of award-winning audio, web and video conferencing technology, today announced that it has expanded and enhanced the free chat functionality in its Lifesize Cloud service. By improving 1:1 chat and introducing group chat, Lifesize Cloud now aggregates the critical features for collaboration and meeting productivity into one easy-to-use application.
Lifesize group chat extends the conversation beyond the conference room, helping teams continue brainstorming, problem solving, and addressing questions more efficiently. And when the team wants to gather face-to-face, Lifesize chat instantly escalates to a video call with just one click. To keep projects moving forward, users can participate in chats in multiple meeting rooms, return to a previous chat session, or review their chat history.
Examples of how Lifesize’s group chat can increase productivity include:
- For Project Teams: Seamless conversations across brainstorming sessions, ad-hoc and planned calls and meetings.
- For Internal Communication: Strengthen company culture and enhance morale by helping employees feel more connected, including remote workers.
- For Individuals: Chat with colleagues anytime, anywhere, in as many meeting rooms as required to maximize productivity.
“The global cloud-based conferencing market represents a $9.4 billion opportunity that remains extremely fragmented. Currently, companies are paying a premium for inconsistent experiences, slow adoption, reduced productivity, and increased security risks,” said Craig Malloy, Lifesize CEO. “The enhancement of our free chat feature solidifies Lifesize’s position as a leading all-in-one solution that consolidates the critical elements of collaboration into one offering, extending the conversation beyond the meeting. We continue to enhance the user experience and are excited to provide our rapidly growing customer base with even more productivity and value.”
In addition, the company extended its recording and sharing functionality, Lifesize Cloud Amplify, to Lifesize Cloud Web App. Users of this browser-based app can now easily record and instantly share meetings, trainings, messages and more with their team and other colleagues through their personal video library.
Lifesize’s video-based communication and collaboration technologies are unrivaled in meeting the intense demands of today’s enterprise, while remaining accessible to businesses of any size. Often, organizations work with five or more vendors — for conferencing hardware and bridging equipment as well as audio, web, video and chat services — to give employees the collaboration tools they need. Lifesize is the only company to bring together a radically simple cloud-based service with award-winning camera systems and HD phones. And, the combination of features rolled into one application — including chat, instant calling and recording — are intuitive and built to meet users’ needs.
- For more information about Lifesize, please visit www.lifesize.com
- Experience Lifesize Cloud with the free 14-day Lifesize Cloud trial
- Explore the “Eight Challenges Solved by Video Conferencing Guide”
- Like Lifesize on Facebook: facebook.com/lifesizeHD
- Follow @lifesizeHD on Twitter
- Tweet now: .@LifesizeHD Enhances All-in-One Collaboration Platform with Integrated #GroupChat Across All Devices http://lfsz.vc/1pHAUqU
- Join other customers for collaboration, advocacy and insights at community.lifesize.com
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video conferencing and collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use cameras and phones that are designed for any conference room. You can connect to anyone, anywhere through a meeting experience like no other. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize and the Lifesize logo are trademarks of Lifesize, Inc. and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.