Re-post article from Avtsolutions.co.za
The right audio visual setup in a classroom can not only drive better engagement with an ever more tech-savvy scholar, but can also assist teachers in preparing and delivering lessons more effectively. IWB’s (Interactive White Boards) combined with education focused software, the ability to integrate with BYODs (Bring Your Own Devices) such as tablets, laptops and video conferencing technologies are fast changing the audio visual effectiveness in classrooms.
Audio Visual Technology in education is something that is embraced in all our classrooms because the benefits are evident. The first benefit is that education becomes far more stimulating and interactive which encourages learning. The second advantage is that by exposing students to technology at a young age will help them gain valuable skills that they will utilise later on in life.
INTERACTIVE WHITE BOARD (IWB) – CREATE ENGAGING, INTERACTIVE LESSONS
IWB’s come in two variants; a short-throw projector together with a sensor, and a large LED touch displays. Although the projector based option is still more cost effective, changes in technology and cost are fast driving the movement away from projectors. These large LED touch displays are fast replacing projectors as the preferred display method as they are less affected by ambient light, are interactive through touch instead of motion sensors, and don’t have lamp issues.
An educator can create engaging lessons and can incorporate numerous items into a lesson plan such as websites, images and music that students can interact with, answer verbally or even write comments on the board itself. Image size and position can change with a touch to the screen. Imagine taking a class on a photo adventure around the world that includes sound and engagement.
Interactive Whiteboards in Education can help improve learning in education in the following ways:
- They make it easier for educators to enhance their lesson content by easily integrating a wide range of material.
- They allow teachers to create customised learning content quickly and easily.
- They provide more stimulation and therefore help students to absorb information more easily.
- They encourage learners to partake in group discussions by freeing them from note-taking.
- When used for comprehensive testing of understanding for the class, they can offer learner feedback.
VIDEO CONFERENCING – ENABLE DISTANCE LEARNING THROUGH VIRTUAL CLASSROOMS
With the ever-improving quality and speed of internet connections globally and in particular in South Africa, Video Conferencing has become an incredibly powerful tool in education at all levels through enhancing collaboration and creating virtual class rooms.
Being able to see and hear the teacher, as well as other students, in high quality together with the lesson material has a multitude of benefits:
- Remote and rural areas can have access to high quality educators that are centrally located, reducing travel costs.
- Specialist teachers can easily connect to classrooms located anywhere, improving the quality and accessibility of these resources.
- Lessons can be recorded for future reference, as well as for learners that are unable to attend.
- Teachers can be shared between schools, reducing costs and improving accessibility.
Our in-house professional Technicians are fully qualified to assist you with your Audio Visual Technology needs and are committed to giving first class, friendly, customer service and support.
AUDIO VISUAL TECHNOLOGY IN EDUCATION
An educator can create engaging lessons and can incorporate numerous items into a lesson plan.
A short documentary showing how interactive technology, including Clevertouch Interactive Touchscreens, have aided learning.